December 08, 2005

It Was 25 Years Ago Today...

Has it really been 25 years! I can remember sitting on my couch watching tv when the news came on saying that he had been shot. It was just so surreal. I thought that there must have been some sort of mistake. I must have heard it wrong. John Lennon? Not our John Lennon! Did I fall asleep? Would I wake up soon from this nightmare of insanity where a musical genius, a man of peace, would be gunned down in front of his own apartment? His wife by his side. I could not awaken from this morbid sleep, for I was awake in the reality of it all. Yeah,yeah,yeah, it was so damn true. The world would lose another man whose life shed light on the world. John always believed that it would be a fan that would probably be the death of him. I met John on a spiritual quest many years ago and saw him residing next to a golden pyramid with a fountain in front that spouted golden honey. He looked at me and with a smile,told me the secret to living a good life on this realm. He told me one thing. "All you need is love." Thank you,John.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I remember it too. I lived in NY at the time. I ended up skipping school, running away from home for a few days and just camping out by the Dakota, singing Beatles songs with all the other people there.

Hallucinogenious said...

Hmmm.. who knows. 2,000 years from now he just might be bigger than Jesus!!